Cold Process Soap
Cold Process Soap
- What does cold process mean?
- It means that no external heat was used to make the soap.
- Is it safe to use sodium hydroxide (lye)?
- Yes! sodium hydroxide is actually the key ingredient in making soap.
- When sodium hydroxide is combined with oil and water, a chemical process called saponification happens. Saponification, in layman's terms, means that sodium hydroxide reacts with fat/oil to produce soap. After 4 - 6 weeks of curing, the bars are lye-free and can now be used.
- Are your other ingredients safe?
- Yes! We use skin-friendly ingredients and we test them on willing humans. Our products are also sulfate-free, paraben-free, and animal cruelty-free. Just remember that skin care isn't a one size fits all sort of thing, so patch test before using and discontinue use if an irritation occurs.
- Can you make soap without sodium hydroxide?
- Nope! there is no such thing as lye-free soap. If you don't use sodium hydroxide, you'll just have floating oils and water - gross!
- What is their shelf life?
- They will last for up to 6 months from purchase. Always remember that these bars are made with no extenders so always check for any irregularities before use.
- The bars are sweating! Is that normal?
- Yes, but this only happens when it's raining. Take note that glycerine and humectants draw moisture towards the bars but only on the surface. You can opt to wipe the water away, let it evaporate or you can place silica gels or dehumidifiers beside your bars to absorb the moisture.
- Will the scent fade?
- Due to the nature of the soap, in time they will. For maximum scent payoff, use the bars as soon as possible.
- Why is the pictured soap different from my delivered soap?
- All of our products are handmade and handmade items, by nature, have imperfections. Although we are thorough, inconsistencies in shape, size, and color between items are unavoidable.
- How can I prolong the life of the bars?
- Make your bars breathe! Unwrap them from its packaging and keep them in a cool, dry place before using.
- After using, place the bars on a dry dish that has holes. It is a must that the bars are able to drip dry after.
- Do you take custom orders?
- Yes! Our lead time would be around 4-6 weeks, but that varies depending on the requirement.